× Welcome to the late payment of commercial debts (interest) act. Forum!

Post questions here regarding the use of the Late Payment Legislation

Paying by instalments

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #3268 by louiseb
I have a client who booked me for consulting package, I issued the invoice and contract and met her in person for the first consultation.

At the consultation I reminded her about the contract and deposit payment which she said she would do when she got home. I emailed a reminder a week later, and regularly for the next month.

Due to Christmas & New Year it was January before I picked this up again and offered the client the option to downgrade her package until she could afford the full coaching, and reduced the invoice amount due immediately.

After 2 weeks it was still unpaid, and so I contacted the client again who agreed to a 2 stage payment plan due on 18th Feb and 18th March. She sent proof of a standing order.

18th Feb has come and gone and still no attempt of payment has been made, I have chased but received no response.

What are my best options?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3269 by j.salmon@cpa.co.uk
Hi,

Did your original invoice and contract stipulate payment terms?

i.e. did you have a due date on the invoice?

If nothing else had happened and the client did not observe them then you would have been entitled to add a late compensation claim and interest from that due date.

However by agreeing to reduce the package and reduce the invoice, then you are likely only due compensation on that reduced invoice and the interest from when that invoice became due.

It would depend on the wording but agreeing a 2 stage payment after the event would not impact on the fact that the invoice was already late.

However you may agree to settle on the compensation and interest from the 18/2.

I hope that helps.

• liam11
  • Visitor
4 years 11 months ago #3350 by liam11
Replied by liam11 on topic Re: Paying by instalments
Thanks for your thread. I also would like to know about this.

More
4 years 11 months ago #3351 by j.salmon@cpa.co.uk
Hi Liam,

What would you like to know?

James

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds