Use only referees selected by you and not by the customer.
Customers are not going to offer names of dissatisfied suppliers. Make it easy for the respondent with a printed form, tick-boxes and prepaid envelopes, as shown in the example below
- Name and address of business
- How long known (years/less than one year?)
- What terms (30 days/60 days /longer please specify)
- Sales per month (£1000/£1000-£5000/over £5000)
- Payments prompt? (up to 60 days late?/very late?)
- Name of payments contact
- Other useful information
- Thank you for helping.
- We will reciprocate at any time.